Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un: Imette St. Guillen

peace

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
I don't know what to say. Haven't cried like this in a while.

Linda called me yesterday late, so I didn't hear the phone. It turns out our friend and classmate, Imette, was the woman found in Brooklyn, in a remote area, on Saturday. Insha'Allah her funeral will be on Thursday.

I just wrote an entire post about how I can hear her saying she wanted to be a forensic scientist, like the people on CSI, our jr. year. About how I remembered the story of her name- there's no Saint Guillen, her name was created from her parents' two created names- when I wrote an email JUST LAST WEEK. About how Imette SHOULD BE HERE. About how one of the 3 photos I keep from my college years in my journal features Imette, Mike, Erica, and I. About how devastated her mother and sister must be. About how she repped Boston hard. About how I ticked her off senior year, and show she should still be around THIS YEAR at the 10 year OLAS LFP anniversary to tease me about it. About how she is beautiful and funny and smart foevewr in my memory. She should be growing old, and instead someone saw fit to kill her. And how she will now only ly be beautiful and funny and smart in memory. I'll remember her.

Of course blogger erased the post and I'm literally exhausted- too tired to write anymore.

May her killer face swift capture and sure punishment. Que sufre exactamente lo que merezca.

May God light Imette's path and give her peace and eternal rest, and a merciful reward.

make duas for her family- only her sis and mom left.

~TwennyTwo

2 comments:

  1. ohhh God. Subhanallah. She was killed? Oh I'm so sorry. Subhanallah.

    What is the world coming to.

    Subhanallah. Oh God, I'm so sorry, TwennyTwo. May God bless her soul. And may the murderer come to severe justice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalamu alaikum, shabana,

    yes, she was pretty horribly killed- tis all over the news by now. good, insha'allah, if that helps the police find the murderer. but it's also startling to see her face on tv for this crazy reason. i'm a wreck, and though i knew her well and worked with her a lot (she was treasurer of a group when i was vp and membership director) we weren't as close as many others. and i'm still disbelievingly freaked out. yeah. yeah.

    twennytwo

    ReplyDelete