Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Off to see the Wizard...

peace,

Today starts my last week with the kids at BELL, and man, it looks like a busy one.

My schedule is fuller than it has been. I get to go do fingerprinting (for only the 4th time in 3 months), and the kids do their first rehearsal for their drama today.
Tonight, insha'Allah Ima check out some free language classes being offered at AlmaMater.

Tomorrow, I'm going to court while I still have a free morning to *ahem* get my name changed to my name because the legislature of the Commonwealth of Virginia are a bunch of cracked-out ijit-spawned terrified fools. Ahem. Sorry bout that. Lil too much haterade this morning, perhaps? Or maybe just the fact that I never changed my name in the first place, just added my maternal last name as per Portareecan custom, and now I have to have it 'officially' changed even though it has never been changed. Yeah. Ima lay off that stuff.

Then, this weekend, I'm teaching a class for someone Sat. Morning, and I believe a certain friend has a baby shower that afternoon, and my friend Patty is performing in the District that evening. Oh, and the MSA at AlmaMater is hosting an "annual" spring dinner that same night. It don't rain but it pours.

Alhamdulillah, though. I have stuff to do! I make a difference in this world! That's pretty good, huh?

peace
TwennyTwo

3 comments:

  1. Don't get my baby shower wrong, girl. It's SUNDAY!
    Oh wait, is this another friend's baby shower? *sorry*
    :)
    It's been so long since I saw you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Sis,
    Sounds like you're a busy woman!
    Alhamdulillah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace,

    OHHH Shoot, good looks Shabana, you know I'dve shown up Saturday and been messed UP tryna find y'all!

    peace
    TwennyTwo

    ReplyDelete