Tuesday, April 19, 2005

(Almost) Free Time!

The thing about working 2 jobs is you never have any free time. I feel so FREE now! The possibilities are endless.

I was talking to my girl Tamika about the whole Emory/Columbia debate. She had something to say:

"How you gon' be praying about something so hard, and then when you get the blessing, throw it back at God like, 'Oh, yeah, I don't really want it'? Quit making up excuses and just go! It's Columbia- what is your problem?"

So after that very well placed verbal spank, I got the show on the road as far as financial aid and housing and all that goes. Thank the Lord we had another one of portareeco's famous (and infamous) state holidays yesterday, giving me a much needed rest. I know that Islam doesn't have a 'sabbath' (nope, we don't- institutionalized workaholism there, except we get 5 breaks a day), but working as I still do, I wonder how on earth anyone can work 5 days a week 40 hours plus without taking the occasional 3 day weekend in there. My stamina isn't what it used to be- when I was in undergrad I could go and go and go and go...

Maybe I just need the whole college life thing back.

I'm SOOOO EXCITED!

I'm also doing the whole job search thing, and tis going ok. I need to figure out how I'm going to print my resume, since "la yupi" still is on strike. And I'm searching for the algebra class I need to take in order to be up to snuff when I get to NYC. Plus I have to order my transcripts from all of the various schools.

So this ain't exactly 'free' like Cinque.

Still I'm happy to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment