Yeeeeaaah. So tis raining cats, dogs, cows, and elephants outside (;o) at Nishat), and so I'm stuck inside.
Plus I'm thuuuursteeee. Yahoo. So, the way I look at things, every day is a different challenge, during Ramadan. Yes, we all abstain from food and other sensual fun during the day, but each day is a little bit different in the challenge. Yesterday, my challenge was prayer. I never did go to Juma'ah, because I haven't found a masjid/a way to get to a masjid that satisfies. So finally I just asked that God accept my prayers at home and help me through the FRUSTRATION. That last I know He's still working with me.
Yeah, so anyway, today's test is water. I normally drink like 2 liters of water throughout the day. I'm one of those chicks you always see with a big Evian bottle, little knowing that I've refilled that sucker like 10 times. I feel like the albatross man. (Bonus if you get that reference without looking it up.)
I started this blog with the intention of meme'ing the Original Seven Things, so here goes:
Seven things I plan to do before I die (insha'Allah-Hajj is already a given):
1. Pay off debts and pay Cash the rest of my life
2. Have a happy marriage
3. Get under 200 lbs / stop feeling like a "big girl"
4. Learn French, Arabic, Yoruba, Dutch
5. Deliver babies in my clinic
6. Grow my own food
7. Become a publicly elected official
Seven things I can do:
1. Communicate in writing or in a speech
3. Embroider, Crochet, Quilt, and Sew
4. Make my sibs smile even when they're feeling bad
Seven things I cannot do:
1. Communicate my strong feelings without crying
2. Drive in a city (on the highway I'm fine)
3. Live without family contact
4. Forget and forgive myself times where I 'messed' up
5. Keep any room neat and organized for more than 24 hrs
6. Watch suspenseful/violent movies w/out peeking through my hands
7. Wear white gold / fake jewelry
Seven things I say most often:
1. Good! Excellent!
2. Ay, por Cara'!
4. Thank you, ma'am/ sir.
6. "Like none other"
Seven things I never thought I would do, but did:
1. Live with my Aunt C.
2. Lose touch with my highschool peoples
3. Get my flippin' drivers license
4. Get a 2.3 gpa / Get a 3.7 gpa
5. Become an NCAA Athlete
6. Attempt something with all my heart and fail
7. get...um... really angry over something stupid
Seven cities I've seen (I'm including towns):
1. Salamanca, Spain
2. Atlanta, GA
3. Opelika, AL
4. New Orleans, LA
5. Coqui, PR
6. Chicago, IL
7. Washington, DC
Enjoy... I'm not gonna pass it on.