Saturday, October 08, 2005

Today's Ramadan Challenge: Water

peace, y'all

Yeeeeaaah. So tis raining cats, dogs, cows, and elephants outside (;o) at Nishat), and so I'm stuck inside.
Plus I'm thuuuursteeee. Yahoo. So, the way I look at things, every day is a different challenge, during Ramadan. Yes, we all abstain from food and other sensual fun during the day, but each day is a little bit different in the challenge. Yesterday, my challenge was prayer. I never did go to Juma'ah, because I haven't found a masjid/a way to get to a masjid that satisfies. So finally I just asked that God accept my prayers at home and help me through the FRUSTRATION. That last I know He's still working with me.

Yeah, so anyway, today's test is water. I normally drink like 2 liters of water throughout the day. I'm one of those chicks you always see with a big Evian bottle, little knowing that I've refilled that sucker like 10 times. I feel like the albatross man. (Bonus if you get that reference without looking it up.)


I started this blog with the intention of meme'ing the Original Seven Things, so here goes:

Seven things I plan to do before I die (insha'Allah-Hajj is already a given):
1. Pay off debts and pay Cash the rest of my life
2. Have a happy marriage
3. Get under 200 lbs / stop feeling like a "big girl"
4. Learn French, Arabic, Yoruba, Dutch
5. Deliver babies in my clinic
6. Grow my own food
7. Become a publicly elected official

Seven things I can do:
1. Communicate in writing or in a speech
2. Procrastinate
3. Embroider, Crochet, Quilt, and Sew
4. Make my sibs smile even when they're feeling bad
5. Sing
6. Swim
7. Teach/tutor

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Communicate my strong feelings without crying
2. Drive in a city (on the highway I'm fine)
3. Live without family contact
4. Forget and forgive myself times where I 'messed' up
5. Keep any room neat and organized for more than 24 hrs
6. Watch suspenseful/violent movies w/out peeking through my hands
7. Wear white gold / fake jewelry

Seven things I say most often:
1. Good! Excellent!
2. Ay, por Cara'!
3. What?!
4. Thank you, ma'am/ sir.
5. Bootyscratchers!
6. "Like none other"
7. Insha'Allah...

Seven things I never thought I would do, but did:
1. Live with my Aunt C.
2. Lose touch with my highschool peoples
3. Get my flippin' drivers license
4. Get a 2.3 gpa / Get a 3.7 gpa
5. Become an NCAA Athlete
6. Attempt something with all my heart and fail
7. get...um... really angry over something stupid

Seven cities I've seen (I'm including towns):
1. Salamanca, Spain
2. Atlanta, GA
3. Opelika, AL
4. New Orleans, LA
5. Coqui, PR
6. Chicago, IL
7. Washington, DC

Enjoy... I'm not gonna pass it on.

peace
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment