Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ramadan Mubarak! Shana Tova!

AssalamuAlalaikum,

YAAAYYYY Ramadan is here! and a blessed year to my Jewish amigos. It's funny- I knew about Rosh Hashanah (I know I ain't spell that right) from toddler-hood since Steven is Jewish, but learned about Ramadan mad late in life. Ironies, Ironies.

May all your fasts be easy and accepted. May God grace you with his love and blessings and grant you peace.

I've got about an hour left here. I was planning to go to ICNA, but guess what- it ain't open. I stopped there on the (near interminable) journey home from work, and the center, while clearly in use, wasn't occupied at the time. It was just about time for Asr, and I didn't see any cars out front, no sisters or brothers getting ready for prayer. So I'm kinda disappointed- you know it would've been sooo nice to have a masjid riiight there in walk-able distance during Ramadan. Still, insha'Allah I'll find a great place to celebrate not only the month but the rest of the year.


Work is going well- I like the students. We'll see how it goes.

peace
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment