Saturday, January 21, 2006

Twenny-Two

peace, y'all!
Suze Orman's Financial Compatibility Quiz

Yeah, so I'm officially a YFand B'er.

But y'all knew that.

Anyhow, I took the quiz describing myself, of course.

I am equal parts spendthrift, financial catch, and financial wreck. Thank you very much.

My numbers weren't high in any category. But please believe I am watching my finances like a hawk recently.

Hmm....

Here's a MEME just for those of you who actually read to get to it. Love ya!


This is from Sister Surviving.



.:Have you ever played Soduku? Or what about puzzles in general?
Yeah. Like them, but gen'rally do the easy and medium puzzles in the Express.


.:If the temperature had to be the same on every day of the year, what would you want it to be?

EIGHTY-ONE DEGREES and EIGHTY PERCENT HUMIDITY. I miss my island.

.:What is one item you own that you really should throw away, but probably never will?

Knitting needles and yarn. But I will finish the scarf, even if it takes until July!

.:You are at Starbucks, what is your order?
A) Venti Refresh

B) tall breve or soy vanilla chai. (depends on how masochistic I'm feeling)

C) grande breve Marisa (this is a Mint Vanilla Double Shot Latte with extra Whipped cream, named so by some friends who worked with me at Starbucks.) on days when illegal and haram habits start to look entirely too tempting.


.:Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?


Pop-ups

.:If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable internet?

Cable TV is from The Enemy. At times.


.:Which way do you put the toilet paper roll on the holder? Is there a correct way?

Let's get this straight: the paper is supposed to go over the roll. However, I'm satisfied if there is actually paper ON the roll as opposed to already used, especially at the crucial moment.


.:How did you come up with your user name?

After the way we hear (or Americans say) the number that corresponded to my gregorian age when I started this blog.

Think about it: say "22". Yeah. That.

.:While driving and making a turn, do you slow down first and then put on your blinker right before you turn; OR do you put on your blinker and then slow down and make your turn?

Simultaneous blinker and slow, shift into lane, turn.

.:What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a chauffeur?


A housekeeper, I actually went so far as to spring for one when I was in PR and seriously depressed. My aunt has one now. To walk into a clean and orderly house is one of the best-priced remedies for having to work that I know.

.:What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

Thin Mints, y'all!!

.:If you could guest blog on any other person's blog, whose would you choose?

I take the fifth. No, wait. Um, no, yeah, I take the fifth. Better leave that unknown.

.:Are you a city person, or a country person?

Ooh, that's haaard. Country if I have a car. Otherwise city with great transportation. Gotta get around.

.:If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?

Ability to do anything truly w/o worrying about other peoples' reactions.

.:What celebrity are you tired of hearing about lately?

Political: Abramoff. Hollywood: Pick them all.


.:How often do you step back and reflect upon the way you are living and where you are headed?

ALL THE FLIPPIN TIME. TOO MUCH. Way Too much. ALthough it is a twenny-somethin' thang, I s'pose.

.:The perfect pizza.

Mmmm. Roasted chicken, mushrooms, pineapple, and green peppers. Low cheese. Thick crust.

.:Do you watch local news? Why?

Yes, for the weather.

.:How old were you when you start playing Neopet?

With whoseyawhat?

.:What model/make of mobile phone are you using right now?

Samsung Sprint Dagoone 'Spensive Model #2.

.:Who or what is on your computer's wallpaper?

A big beautiful opened purple tulip.

.:Go through your DVD/pre-bought video collection. Which three actors or actresses feature the most in them?

In my actual collection at home: the LOTR cast, since I have all 3. Next? Sanaa Lathan. and Taye Diggs.

.:Go through your book shelves. Which three authors have written the majority of the books?
I don't actually have shelves here, but God comes in first (two copies of the Qur'an and one of the Bible).

I'm actually a library freak, just checked out two by Suze Orman, have two by Olivia Goldsmith, one by Terry Goodkind, and one by Jack Canfield. Also reading Girl, Get your Money Straight! Can you tell my current preoccupations??


.:If you are married, describe your wedding. If not, what would your ideal wedding be like?
Your mouth to God's ears!

Hmm. Long, flowy, white dress with me in a filmy niqab (FOr some reason I see myself like Rachel at the well). 'bout 6 bridesmaids in ethnic dresses from their respective countries. Husband and my families fill the circular room. Everyone is happy and not concerned about the serious amount of dancing that will be going down later.

Yeah, it's my wedding, what!

.:What's your supermarket of choice?

Whole Foods. and when my aunt goes, Costco. You see why I'm broke?

.:Do you like having your picture taken?

Yes, I just don't like the pictures themselves.

.:Pick up the closest book and write a sentence at random from it."A. Boost your debt payments as much as possible to get your balances down." ~Suze Orman's Money Book for the Young Fabulous and Broke.


.:Are you a vegetarian?

No longer. Iron too low.


.:What's in your fridge right now?

Not my fridge, but...Um. What I can remember w/o looking? Some tuna salad I made, some dates I bought during Eid'ulFitr, some limp celery, two glass bottles of cod liver oil (not mine.) Also not mine and I can't eat it: tons of pork including ham, smoked ham, honey ham, and bratwurst, some blackeyedpease from new years with pork in it; leftovers, shredded cheese, various condiments... it's a jungle in there.

.:Have you ever been on TV or the radio?

Yes. On both.

.:What is the most expensive item you own?

Shoes for me can be quite quite expensive, yo. That and my cell phone, which is actually cheap but cost $500 total to replace after it was stolen. Allahu Alim.

.:What color are most of your clothes?

Some shade of blue. I also have a lot of pink (ick, eww) since I left PR, it was the only 'big girl' color that was common. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment