Friday, January 20, 2006

Presidential Women

peace, y'all
Check out the comment on Tom and Katie. In portuguese. Alls I have to say is, guau.


_-_-_-_-_--_-_-

I'm not an airhead, as much as it may seem here. In my non-blog life, I'm still and international affairs major, and I watch what's going on. (It's only on the blog that I turn into a selfish emotional freak show.)

I just want to give a shout to Michelle Bachelet and Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, both of whom were inaugurated this week. Congratulations ladies, you deserve your wins after your respective run-off elections. There is no doubt that your countries want you... and need you... in office.

I discussed both inaugurations this week in my classes, and all my students were overjoyed. 'Bout time folk 'round the world realized that women have been taking care of their behinds for millenia... we can prolly take care of countries, too.

Now, it's up to these phenomenal women to do well. And for that I say, poor things. That's a hard road to walk, having the world scrutinizing what you do, and half of it over-ready to blame your failures on the variety of your genitalia. I wish them blessings and successes.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment