Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I voted

peace

I'm young, and I voted.


And I'm officially a Virginian.

Y'all KNOW I feel some kinda gratified right now. What if it all came down to a vote that was mine!

I went through a bunch of guff in order to vote, though. Seems the state DMV hadn't changed my address (why am I not surprised?) and so the pollworker, a woman with a disagreeable expression, tried to send me to the other side of the world. At 6PM. I'd never make it. So I set about asking questions, making phone calls, and got my vote in.

The coworker who sits in front of me, the one who uses incorrect grammar and keeps acting as if his coersion will get me to date him (*shudder*) maintains that it's pointless for "us" to vote. Things are the way "they" want them to be. Have been since "we" got here so many years ago, and what's one little vote going to do? That's reality, we should all just accept it. Needless to say, he admitted to not voting.

Upsetting. Finally I just told him that we should consider the conversation over, since I was disgreed with his point of view.

And I guess it's good he didn't vote.... I feel like I won the argument before I ever opened my mouth. INsha'Allah I'll be voting every. single. year as long as I am physically able.

peace
TwennyTwo

1 comment:

  1. It is NEVER pointless to vote. I just don't understand that mentality. Congrats on being a Virginian....I remember the days.

    ReplyDelete