Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Virginia Tech

peace,

I must've heard about it just as the news was coming out, around 10:45 AM or so.

In the next couple of hours, as the numbers rose, all I could do was make dua'a. Ya, Rabbi, surround those people with your safety and awareness. Keep them connected to You. Touch the heart of the shooter, Lord.

And as the toll went higher: Have mercy on the living and the dead. Mercy, please.

I live not too far from where this young man's parents lived. This is unfortunately the biggest news here. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

peace
TwennyTwo

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Northern VA, not too far from Centreville. That coupled with the fact that myself and almost everyone I know is or was in some way related to VTech, it was just a really big deal. I'm just glad that know one I know was killed or injured.

    ReplyDelete