Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Unfinished list

peace,

okay, I had to do this. It isn't a meme but more like acting on an inspiration.

First, go read A Winnebago and World Peace at Heather's spot. Then read this, a beautiful continuation of what she said and what she'd do.


Ready?

I've had that desire to tell things to people.

This is my unfinished list:

I don't have children, but I can almost see being a parent when I look at you. You're wonderful and you make me outrageously proud all the time. All the time.

I still think about you, and I alternately curse you and pray for your wellbeing.

You're a selfish, childish, manipulative bitch, and you deserve the way he first acted when you told him.

How on earth do you just give away your children? Are you mad? The part of themselves that is you can't ever be replaced by anyone else. You might not deserve them, but they deserve even a little of you.

The best christmas ever was having you open hastily picked presents as if they were gold. I'm angry we didn't share more and I love you through the absences.

YES, I CAN and WILL finish a half marathon, asshole, and when I do, I'm letting someone else tell you about it. You won't ever hear it from me.

I adore you: your character, your art, your caring, your friendliness, your loyalty, the fact that you're never angry with me no matter how hard I work to piss you off. Thank you.

Humility is something I know I lack, and you're my shining inspiration in reaching for it. You're a muslim in christian skin, perhaps the best one i know.

First place goes to... you! You're a class act. The best, hard to top, and you don't even realize!

You're the best listener I know. Dont let money stop you from being the best your community will ever have. You can do it- and though I'm not so great, you've got an ear on me somewhere, always.

I care. I do. I just don't call/email/see you because drama then makes it harder to care for you. But I love you for your quirks. Real love, my friend.

The fact that the finding was so easy just proves that people belong to everyone. You're wrong and you know it.

That ass-whoopin you're going to wear is a good time waiting for me to happen, dearie.

You are worth all the hard work, all the effort, all the screaming and the self-discipline, the crazy looks and the misunderstandings it takes to get there. Worth. Every. Bit. Worthy: that's you.

Warrior! Where've you been?!

Push- they need it! Yes, like that! Again! Don't back down.

SO glad that friendship ended the way it did. Of course your inferiority and jealousy come before your friends. That's why you have none.

You're the one person I'd still do anything for after all this time. You proved it, so give me that chance.

Your ass isn't flat. It had nothing to do with you. I'm sorry.

I see God through you, do you know that? When I was lost and thinking about atheism, you were just yourself, a shining light to the Way. You're talented, gorgeous- always making me think that I'm not too old, after all.

You are the best thing that will ever happen to me, but your fear is poisonous, I beg you, don't pass that to me.

Shut me up, then!

Why not? You can never say that. Why the hell not? Just tell me, it can't hurt more than your NOT talking does.

I cannot stand your haircut. Please, for the love of God, don't cut it like that again, your head is round and doesn't need angles!

Your new wife is sweet and funny mashaAllah, and I wish you the best.

Honey, I never ever ever wanted him. Not even for a second. Don't flatter yourself, or him.



to be continued. Boy does that feel good!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. You do have a lovely turn of phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam dear,

    What a great idea. I'm going to have to think about it for ahile but maybe I'll have a list eventually too.

    I recall a friend saying that one of the things he longed to do was sit his parents down and just tell them how he perceived them and his childhood without them doing anything but listening.

    Just for them to listen and to know how he felt, instead of making excuses or being defensive.

    We don't always get the chance to speak from the heart with friends or family but this is a good start.

    Warmly,
    Baraka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam dear,

    What a great idea. I'm going to have to think about it for ahile but maybe I'll have a list eventually too.

    I recall a friend saying that one of the things he longed to do was sit his parents down and just tell them how he perceived them and his childhood without them doing anything but listening.

    Just for them to listen and to know how he felt, instead of making excuses or being defensive.

    We don't always get the chance to speak from the heart with friends or family but this is a good start.

    Warmly,
    Baraka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intresting. I may have to do this.

    ReplyDelete