Monday, July 24, 2006

I don't want to hear it.

peace,

I'm very... unsettled. Sad. In mourning.
Today hasn't been a very good work day, thank God what work I could do was very productive.


I found out this weekend that my aunt, my father's oldest sister, died sometime last week. Her son was in a rush to bury her, so a good deal of our family (me included) wasn't able to get to the city in time. My father was there.

I'm so sad for my father. He had already lost 2 siblings, now a 3rd is gone. I wish he had been able to reach me (sprint issues. Why do I pay them every month, again?), and I really wish I were able to be there with him now, since my mother isn't there, nor my sister or my older brother, only my younger brother, who irritates him no end. I want to give him a big hug, and cry with him. I can't. Have to say here. And 'do work'. Which isn't getting done b/c of my preoccupation. Anyway.

The title of this post refers to my attitude toward the USA- this administration, and foreign policy, as well as their worries about possible domestic unrest: I Don't Want To Hear It. I better not see any spin-worked equivalent of "But WHHYYYYY do they HATE US?" in the media referring to Arabs, the Middle East, Muslims, and ESPECIALLY not Lebanese citizens, anytime in the near future. I'm not in the mood. I've been reading. Ah, the virtues of an informed citizenry. And please believe I'm not in a cheery mood at all. When it comes time to vote this and every November through 2008, I'll be remembering this bloody, horrible, nonsensical, ludicrous, joyless summer.

grimly,
TwennyTwo

3 comments:

  1. Salaam sister,
    Insha Allah you and your family will get through this.
    As for the global issues. I hear you, totally.

    I will remember you in my dua's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inna lillah ... i'm sorry to hear that! I've not been keeping up with blogs and I didnt know about your aunt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace,

    Thanks for the well-wishes ladies, I do appreciate them.

    TwennyTwo

    ReplyDelete