Saturday, March 18, 2006

Coming out of it- plus Johari/Nohari!

peace y'all.

I'm coming out of it slowly. Though, as my mama so wisely said, it'll take me a very long time to get over Imette's death- not just because she was my age, but also the way she died. Life is moving on, and I think about it less and less.

So many posts have occured to me in the past coupla days, but I was just too blue to type them out.

They're still in there, and they'll come out in due time. one thing I do want to examine in detail: the fading of friendships.

I'm supposed to present at OLAS' Noche de Cultura (night of culture) on April 22nd, and any of my blog peeps who are/will be in the DC metro area are welcome to attend. It'll be at 8pm, it's a family affair, at the CH Marvin Center, 21st and H St. NW.

After that plug... oh yes, my Johari/Nohari, since erybody else is doin' it and I'm following the crowd round 'bout now :

Please visit and comment at my Johari Window.... and my Nohari Window... which, if you haven't seen them going around like crazy in blogcircles, are areas where you list your characteristics and then other people comment too. And if I didn't want to know I wouldn't have posted it, so please do click away.

And, just because I'm listening to the tv-satellite radio, I have to say that I'm absolutely in love with Domenic M's 'La Quiero' which is a simple song that makes me swoon: "La quiero... la sue~no... no puedo dejar de pensar en ella... la vivo... hasta'en mi cancio`n..."* and the chording, though simple, is marvelous. I told you, it makes me swoon. Just thought I'd put it out there.


peace

TwennyTwo


*I love her... I dream her... I can't stop thinking about her... I live her/make her alive... even in my song...

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment at This Fish and decided to stop over.

    Everyone I've spoken to is devastated by this story, so I can't even imagine how hard it is for those who actually knew Imette. I'm glad the police were able to figure it out quickly, but it's still too late. And I'm banking on this guy having killed before. You don't get that crazy the first time out of the box. It's disgusting, and I will keep your friend in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam,
    I'll keep you in my du'as, ensha Allah.
    I did you Johari, Nohari thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete