Thursday, August 25, 2005

Stayin' Alive

Assalaaamu Alaikum Mah Peoples!

I'm still alive, alHamdulIllah.

Thanks to David and Aleksa and Sherry for stalking me on and off the internet and not letting me disappear in time of distress.

I'm back in DC altho you can't see it by my blog; I was here for more than a week, left, and am back again. I had a job interview on Monday, and I heard back from the RitzCarlton (no job; booooo for them). Strongly considered blogging for stress relief when I was in Cincinnati b/c my father has this knack for reducing me to teenage-like behavior. My mother, saint that she is (altho she DID marry him, but I digress) had a chat with me, and now I see what's going on. But I have to say, I don't think I need to live near him. My father is like salt for me: I need him in my life, and a little of his advice and love at the right times, even when I wouldn't expect or ask for it, is good. But too much just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. I love him. I wish eh'd take better care of himself- he's still got that huge belly and as far as I can see isn't modifying his diet in the LEAST. Insha'Allah he turns 50 this year, but not only do I want him to see that b-day, I want him to know his grandkids, and um, the way he's going, only God (swt) knows if he'll stick around for any amount of time.

Yeah. *sigh*.

Ech. I've got sooo much going on in my head I don't know what else to say. Better just leave it at that for now. I'll be back soon, insha'llah, I promise.

peace
Me