Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blood singing through my head

There have been times in the past couple weeks when I think about certain things and my blood pressure gets sooo high that I can hear it. Singing through my head. I tried to remember why I wanted to blog about that, but I've forgotten. Suffice it to say that I'm only 24 and my life has been such that I can sometimes hear the anger in my blood as it rushes to and away from my heart. And even if the sound is comforting, the fact of it is scaaaareeeee.


Anyways.

I interviewed at the Washington area Ritz-Carlton job fair today, and I think I may have gotten the job, insha'Allah. I'm being all uncertain b/c it ain't certain til I get the job (and plus I don't wanna jinx it).

The best thing about this week has been the MUSALLAH at GW. That place is tiny but so much better than what I had in PR there's no comparison. It helped me get back on track with my prayers. And they had these chador-likethingies that actually FIT me- with elasticized sleeves and a hem that fell to the floor. Makes praying *ahem* even more fun and fulfilling than normal.

I think, too, I just missed feeling like a part of an UMMA. That is very nice too.



I'm sick of the MSSC. I think I'll go catch the sale at Au Bon Pain (ah, yes, so THAT's why I left weight when I left DC...) and then actually get to my aunt's house before dark today, won't that be something.


If anyone hears of a (muslim-oriented, cincinnati or dc or puerto-rico area) job, you know where to get at me...

maSalaama
Me

1 comment: