Saturday, February 21, 2004

by any means necessary

Today marks the 39th anniversary of the slaying of El Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, popularly known as Malcom X. Just a fact.

This week was a tiring one, so I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted. Lucky me, I also had 2 evaluations, one for the public school where I work, and another for Sapientis. Well Hoo-ray.

AAAND if that weren't enough, the jehovah witnesses came by my door today. Yes, on a saturday. So I decided to give as good as I got. I mean, if you're willing to preach your beliefs uninvited to the unconcerned, then you should at least be willing to hear the beliefs from which you are trying to convince the "ignorant".

I proceeded to read, from my own Bible, every scripture that the man of the couple quoted to me. I then supported my own view of what they said from both the Bible and the Qur'an. MAN, ALL THOSE SUNDAY SCHOOL SCRIPTURE RECITALS FINALLY CAME IN HANDY!!! I love beating that kind of missionary at their own game. Really. If I want to know about Jehovah's Witnesses, or any other religious group for that matter, I'll ask. That's how I found out more about Islam. I have to say this: I've found it true (at least in the USA) that we have no compulsion about the deen.

aiight, more procrastinating to do. ttys.

No comments:

Post a Comment