Sunday, September 28, 2008

Plain language, clear choices

Assalamu Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, it has been a great Ramadhan. I can't and won't complain. I've enjoyed iftars and tarawih prayers, and even 'itikaf. I wanted to do that tonight but looks like it won't happen- I'm being tested by a bad cold. Please make dua'a for me.

As a matter of fact, something happened when I made istikhara that I want to share with you. I don't have a lot of time just now (JW is coming with me to iftar (!) and I need to go pick him up), but let's just say that my prayer was answered, clearly, tacitly, and QUICKLY. Like an hour after I made it. I had no doubts, so this is just me being a witness to the glory of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala. I really feel that I've been blessed with more trust this month, and inshaAllah I'm doing what I can so that I build on it through the year. Someone wrote that our deen is a living thing, that it builds and ebbs, and that this is to be expected. I hope and pray, then, that my ebb does not conquer the heights I've reached. I am happy.

Because my istikhara was answered so clearly I was encouraged and made more prayer and asked about Farhan, who's been around a lot more lately. Please make dua'a that Allah's will be made clear.

I wanted to make a comment on the political situation here in the US of A just now. I wish someone would state exactly what is going on in plain language. While I was an international affairs major in college, I did have to take Econ twice. The second time (I never failed, just fell below my school's criteria for IA majors) I was at home and my father took the time to explain everything in everyday, cost, cause and effect terms that I understood.

So I want the same for this whole bailout deal. Someone, please break it down for me. I feel stupid because this is the one area of weakness for me and it's important- or at least, all over the news. Jazak Allah khair in advance for your comments or pointing to clear resources.

The other thing I wanted to share was the title of a book lent to me by Bro. Leader: 15 Ways to Increase Wealth by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi. It's the kind of title I'dve' passed right by but he pressed it into my hand as I was leaving his and May's house after an iftar. MashaAllah, it's awesome- talking about halal and haraam income and how these can lead to big results either way. It's opened my eyes, so I'm recommending it... let me know if you've heard of other books like this, financial or not.


I'm making dua'a for you all- please leave any requests, esp. if I know you personally, in the comments or in my email box. May you all find Laylat ul Qadr with increased ibadah and may your fasts and efforts be accepted by our Lord, amin.

peace
TwennyTwo

1 comment:

  1. i'm a newly married city girl, shipped off to small town life, currently in what is considered a good job here, but pretty dead-end for a londoner, meaning i have had ample time on my hands and have skimmed through the majority of your blog in the last week. Great reading, thanks for making last week a little more interesting than usual.please remeber us in your prayers and keep posting
    StrivingSoul

    ReplyDelete