Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Yay, meme love!

Assalamu Alaikum,

Yes, I got meme love from Lucky Fatima:


List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

WHOOOHOOO!!!! I love this meme because, well, y'all know how I am about music. Because I am that way, I'm counting multiple songs from the same CD as one song. Sorry. Had to cheat, otherwise a 5 minute meme could take way too much time just for making decisions!

Also, I think all of my songs are old because I'm like Fatima, if it rocks it rocks forever.



1. Outlandish, 'Callin U' and 'Aisha'

2. Alicia Keys, 'Unbreakable'(MTV Unplugged)

3. Mateo, 'Tomorrow' and 'Can't Let Her Go'- shoot, the whole 'Human' LP

4. Sami Yusuf, 'Hasbi Rabbi' and 'Ya RasulUllah'

5. Native Deen, 'Life's Worth'

6. Billy Joel, 'Always a Woman

7. Shakira, 'La Tortura'.


Make of that what you will. InshaAllah people actually see this tag: ummmm

Shoot, who should I tag?

You! Also, I'm tagging some people who know me and others who I just love to read, to see who's looking. Shabana, Y at Joy Unexpected, Nzingha, Safiya. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Songs I'm into right now?
    Um, hard to tell. Music is disabled on my laptop right now, and I cant find my good CDs, so I'm not listening regularly. But I will try:

    Rafi: Aj purani rahon se koi mujhe avaz na de (much self pity. You can find it on youtube)
    Lata: Koi pathar se na maray meray (from the movie Laila Majnun)
    Nusrat: CHan Sajna (qawwali)
    lots of cheesy 70s and 80s stuff. What is life without cheese?

    Most regularly though, I get to hear, from Raihana:
    twinkle twinkle, rock a bye baby, and suchlike.

    Where are you these days? Am going to be staying with my cousin in MD for a day this weekend.

    ReplyDelete