Monday, December 18, 2006

Mabrook and Congrats, Sister!

peace,

My sister has graduated from college. Magna cum laude, masha'Allah!

I spent the past weekend getting to and then attending her graduation, eating with her, meeting her beau (and man, the moment when he met our father- PRICELESS!), meeting all the friends she'd talked about for five years. I'll never forget the moment she walked across the stage, when they called her name.

It was good to be able to see her, talk to her, tell her I'm proud of her and I love her. Any and all drama that took place is secondary to that, so that is where I'll leave it. Congratulations, Sister!

in other observations,

Can I join this group? It sounds like a great idea not only ecologically but also financially. To have a valid justification for not buying things, one that makes me feel valiant instead of depressed and sacrificial, is a good idea. Hmm.

I officially took the day off, but I have errands to do, and I really should pop into the office for a couple hours so I can meet my new 'boss' on her first day. She'll be back for a couple weeks starting in Jan.

peace
TwennyTwo

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you have fun with that not buying stuff thing. I couldn't do it.

    I'm glad you enjoyed your sister's graduation. One of my younger cousins just graduated this weekend. I'm glad it's over. She's been a total diva about the whole thing. You would have thought she was the first person in the family to graduate. But we put up with it because we're proud of her and that's how she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabrook to your sister on her graduation!

    Eid Mubarak!!! Post more often!!!

    ReplyDelete