Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cartoon Oh No They Didn't...

I'm blogging this b/c the tv right next to me happened to be on Fox while I was reading... so this cartoon show, I think it's family guy, is airing an obnoxious, ridiculous song against Saudi Arabia. The (blond) woman starts out in pink hijab and ends up dancing through the streets, stripping to black lingerie. On the way she flips up her skirt, and the cartoon shows men standing on top of three muhejebahs.

Oh No They Didn't.

I'm not saying I agree with some of the official policies toward women in Saudi, cuz I definitely don't. But cartoons like that only perpetuate harmful and wrong images of Arabia and Muslims. Get some flippin taste, people.

1 comment:

  1. Not that "The Family Guy" is noted for being tasteful...

    UZ

    ReplyDelete