Saturday, April 19, 2008

Go, read, quick. Go!

Assalamu Alaikum,

Oh my goodness. Go read Liz at Muppie Chronicles. Awesome-a-licious.
Not because I agree with her (but man do I), but because what she writes has such a fresh tingle. Girlfriend is hitting nails left and right- for example:

I’m just saying that when it comes to domestic bliss, in all respects, and thank you for not making me spell that out, a lot more comes into play than a pretty face. I mean, we’re talking roommate for life, God willing. Not only is this person going to share your kitchen, and your bathroom, and bicker with you over window dressings, but you have to share a bedroom, too. And a bed. And the covers. And trust me, you’re not going to care how hot she is if she won’t give you the blanket in January. Trust me. If you’re going to have no refuge from someone, have no refuge from an interesting someone. From a nice someone. From a merciful and loving and patient and kind someone. No refuge from a hot someone gets old pretty quick, if that’s his/her crowning virtue.


Go, read her, I've already added her blog to my list. And now Ima go drown in archives. MashaAllah!

peace
TwennyTwo

2 comments:

  1. salam alaikoum
    preach on the roommate part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered her blog not to long ago, and yours as well! It's always great to find a new blog to read and comment on, it definitely influences where I want to go with my writing, since I'm still trying to find by blogging groove :)

    ReplyDelete